- Paperback: 784 pages
- Publisher: Tor Books; Reprint edition (September 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0765332078
- ISBN-13: 978-0765332073
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.4 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
Editorial Reviews Review An Amazon Best Book of the Month, December 2013: The sci-fi and fantasy genre is known for going big: epic series, massive tomes, epic series comprised of massive tomes. And even here, short stories–21 original tales in total–combine to form a tremendous 800-page genre-crossing collection. Co-editor George R.R. Martin contributes a story set in Westeros, nearly 200 years before _A Game of Thrones_ begins. Likewise, other authors offer glimpses into their signature worlds. Jim Butcher gives the Dresden Files a twist by focusing on his protagonist’s assistant. Lev Grossman hones in on a group of girls at the wizarding school that’s central to _The Magicians_. Diana Gabaldon, Brandon Sanderson, Megan Lindholm… A range of fantastic writers, both male and female, offer an equally exciting range of ways to talk about “Dangerous Women”–from an unlikely bounty hunter to a gunslinger, a mother accused of the unthinkable to a young princess on the run. _Dangerous Women_ is perfect for clamoring fans, as well as new readers, who may find these bite-sized stories an undaunting way to get to know new authors. –Robin A. Rothman _–This text refers to the Hardcover edition._ From Booklist Dangerous women of all kinds–warriors, fighter pilots, queens, wizards, PIs,and more–are the subject of this cross-genre anthology, curated byexperienced editors Martin and Dozois. Several high-profile authors setstories in the worlds of their best-selling series. Molly, Harry Dresden’ssmart-talking, long-suffering apprentice, narrates Jim Butcher’s urban-fantasydetective story “Bombshells.” Lev Grossman’s wry tale follows a young wizard-in-training as her innocent prank against a fellow Brakebills student misfiresin “The Girl in the Mirror.” Martin’s prequel story is set in Westeroscenturies before A Game of Thrones, while Diana Gabaldon’s follows a youngJaime Fraser before the start of the Outlander series. Other tales range fromhard-bitten western (Joe Abercrombie’s “Some Desperado”) to bleak dystopia(Nancy Kress’ “Second Arabesque, Very Slowly”) to historical drama (Sharon KayPenman’s “A Queen in Exile”). Some tales defy classification, such as MeganLindholm’s poignant but fierce story of aging and discovering new life in thefringes. With 21 stories of this caliber, readers will be sure to find severalfavorites. –Krista Hutley _–This text refers to the Hardcover edition._ See all Editorial Reviews
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.