Earth Science Crystals, Rocks, and Minerals
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 11.5 x 3.1 inches
- Item Weight: 3.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Origin: Germany
- Item model number: 642112
- Manufacturer recommended age: 8 years and up
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
- Kit includes the following genuine specimens: granite, limestone, basal, marble, pumice, calcite, pyrite, quartz, hematite, bornite, fluorite, magnetite, and soapstone
- Grow three types of crystals: alum (potassium aluminum sulfate), copper (ll) sulfate, and potassium hexacyanoferrate (III)
- The National Geographic science kits from Thames and Kosmos further that mission by helping kids learn about science in a fun way
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the National Geographic kits goes to support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs
- Discover the secrets inside the pyramid
THAMES & KOSMOS Crystals, Rocks & Minerals, THK642112 From the Manufacturer National Geographic Crystals, Rocks, and Minerals; Earth Science ExperimentKit. Learn about rocks and the minerals that form them. Dig deeper anddiscover the fascinating crystal structures of these minerals. Much more thanjust a crystal growing kit, this experiment kit teaches you the chemistry ofcrystals and the geological science behind rock formation with more than 18hands-on projects and investigations. Grow three chemically different types ofcrystals that exhibit not only different colors, but also different shapes.Build three-dimensional geometric models of common crystal shapes includingoctahedrons, tetrahedrons, and rhomboids. Mold your own crystal geode – ahollow rock with crystals growing inside. Learn how to test and identifyminerals with your very own collection of real specimens included in the kit.Conduct tests to determine a mineral’s chemical and physical properties suchas color, luster, streak color, hardness, density, magnetic properties, andcarbon, sulfur, or iron content. Investigate the geologic rock cycle and learnhow the three main categories of rock – igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic- are formed, altered, destroyed, and formed again. Full-color, 32-pageexperiment manual.
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.