Mkoba Wa Mjumbe Bag Of The Messenger Messenger Black & White
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 11.1 x 3.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Item model number: 201-BOG-BCKWTE
- Each bag is based off a Swahili term that defines a person. The Messenger is a profession that gets information to other individuals. In the history of the product development the Messenger seemed to grab it’s own personality when final design was completed. Large Messenger, 16 in X 11 in X 4 in [body], 3 lbs
- At Kauli, USA we carefully source some of the most characteristic antique, vintage and contemporary pieces from North, East, South, West and Central Africa in order to build highly limited collections.
- Kauli, USA employs 10 women from the Kilimanjaro region. On average an assembly specialist working for Kauli, USA earns 2/3 times more than the standard industry sector income. All staff at Kauli, USA receive health insurance for themselves and their family members. Women describe the income as sufficient to support an independent and healthy lifestyle!
- This bag contains one internal pocket perfect for a laptop and work files for your daily commute
- Kauli, USA merges elements of African culture, aesthetics and functionality into meaningful, beautiful, and usable bags that exhibit handcraft skill and the charm of the creators personalities. All bags are made with real leather.
Amazing ProductThe goal of Kauli design is to merge elements of Africanculture, aesthetics and functionality into meaningful, beautiful, and usableproducts. One of the richest sources of artistry in Africa is textiles : acontinent-wide industry that has yielded some of the most impressive woven,dyed and printed fabric themes found in the world, sometimes using methodsthat are centuries old. At Kauli we carefully source some of the mostcharacteristic antique, vintage and contemporary pieces from North, East,South, West and Central Africa in order to build highly limited collections.These releases are further divided by two categories: the Signature Series andthe Select Series. The Signature Series is composed of fabric selections thatrepresent the core aesthetic of the brand within two seasonal release periods,the rainy season, (Spring/Summer) and the dry season” (Fall/Winter). TheSelect Series is reserved for extremely rare fabrics, typically vintage and nolarger than a blanket, and can only be purchased by special request. Thesefolk fabrics, together with Tanzanian-produced leather, safari-grade canvasand customized brass hardware, play the lead role in the production of a high-quality accessory range. Premium materials require premium craftsmanship -the highly trained staff at Kauli are committed to honoring the pieces we usewith equally through equally thoughtful design and production. Amazing Peopleand PurposeThe Kauli team teases : “The only thing more beautiful than Kaulibag is the lady who made it.” But there is truth in every joke : the peopleat Kauli are the most important part of Kauli – they deserve good jobs andgood benefits. As a socially responsible business, we are deeply committed tosupporting the professional successes and personal satisfactions of our entirestaff. Kauli primarily cares for its people through the creation of formalemployment opportunities, the provision of above-market salaries withindividual and family health benefits, a stable and safe working environmentand an artisan education program that begins with rigorous training and endswith technical excellence. As the business grows, so will the opportunitiesfor the Kauli staff to graduate to positions of higher responsibility and togain assistance in launching their own enterprises. In the same spirit, thewomen at Kauli are equally committed to the art-craft of Kauli production.Every product they create exhibits the skill of their hands and the charm oftheir personalities, and we are proud to display their work on shelves andshoulders around the world.