- Audio CD (March 25, 1997)
- Original Release Date: March 25, 1997
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Original recording remastered
- Label: Columbia / Legacy
- Run Time: 38 minutes
Editorial Reviews And now for possibly the most popular album in jazz history! Dave contributesto the notes in this hi-fi version; new photos, too. Boasting the first jazz instrumental to sell a million copies, the PaulDesmond-penned “Take Five,” _Time Out_ captures the celebrated jazz quartet atthe height of both its popularity and its powers. Recorded in 1959, the albumcombines superb performances by pianist Brubeck, alto saxophonist Desmond,drummer Joe Morrello and bassist Gene Wright. Along with “Take Five,” thealbum features another one of the group’s signature compositions, “Blue Rondoa la Turk.” Though influenced by the West Coast-cool school, Brubeck’sgreatest interest and contribution to jazz was the use of irregular meters incomposition, which he did with great flair. Much of the band’s appeal is dueto Desmond, whose airy tone and fluid attack often carried the band’s alreadystrong performances to another level. Together, he and Brubeck proved one ofthe most potent pairings of the era. _–Fred Goodman_
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.