- Audio CD (February 20, 1996)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Original recording reissued, Original recording remastered
- Label: Elton John
Editorial Reviews Elton’s soulful mix of country, blues and rock and killer tunes like CountryComfort; Son of Your Father , and Ballad of a Well-Known Gun made this conceptLP a 5 hit in ’71 (bonuses: Into the Old Man’s Shoes and the original versionof Madman Across the Water )! _Tumbleweed Connection_ is part of the early catalog of Elton John’s work thatGuns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose reportedly once said he would love to own thepublishing rights to as a work of art. Indeed, it does contain some of John’smost expressive work as an artist, but with the showy stage presence and popmelodicism still under construction. _Tumbleweed_ is characterized by John’sballadeer approach, with John at his storyteller best on songs like “Burn Downthe Mission.” Even if the lyrics were generally written by Bernie Taupin,John’s voice and inflection made every song seem deeply personal. Thebeautiful “Come Down in Time” displays the subtleties and sophistication ofhis talent, with the piano not yet serving as the instrumental focal point itwould later become. The album also features the favorite “Ballad of a Well-Known Gun” and “Where to Now St. Peter?” _–Steve Gdula_
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.