Viteyes Areds 2 Advanced Formula, 180 Count
- Product Dimensions: 2.9 x 2.9 x 5.2 inches ; 7.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- UPC: 784922942159 783318872933 882966001518
- Viteyes AREDS 2 Advanced contains the clinically effective formula tested by the National Eye Institute (“NEI”) in its 2013 AREDS2 study. This quality formula uses natural vitamin E, FloraGLO Lutein and OPTISHARPTM Zeaxanthin. In addition, Viteyes AREDS 2 Advanced is formulated with 20 mg of bilberry, 25 mg of grape seed extract, and 25 mg of alpha-lipoic acid and additional zeaxanthin
- Contains no beta-carotene and is appropriate for smokers and former smokers.
- Recommended by physicians worldwide.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Three month supply
Viteyes AREDS 2 Advanced is based on the findings from the AREDS 2 study. Thisquality formula uses natural vitamin E, FloraGLO Lutein and OPTISHARPTMZeaxathin. In addition, Viteyes AREDS 2 Advanced is formulated with bilberry,grape seed, selenium, alpha-lipoic acid and additional zeaxanthin. Completedin 2013, AREDS 2 was a 5-year follow-up study by the National Eye Institute(NEI) of the original AREDS study, resulting in new recommendations for AMD.AREDS 2 Results: Omit Beta-Carotene, Add Lutein & Zeaxanthin. AREDS 2participants who took lutein and zeaxanthin and no beta-carotene reduced theirrisk of developing advanced stages of AMD by 18% compared to those in AREDS 2who took the original AREDS supplement with beta-carotene. As a result, theNEI’s AREDS 2 suggests modifying the AREDS formula by omitting beta-caroteneand adding lutein and zeaxanthin. Zinc Levels: In the original AREDS study,the dose for zinc was set high (80 mg) because a previous small trial hadfound that high-dose zinc was beneficial for AMD. However, some nutritionistswere concerned the dose was too high. The AREDS 2 study tested zinc at 80 mgand 25 mg. The results showed that when lowering zinc there was “nostatistically significant effect on progression to advanced AMD.” ViteyesAREDS 2 Advanced contains the following formula: Vitamin C 500 mg, Vitamin E400 IU, Zinc 25 mg, Copper 2 mg, Lutein 10 mg, Zeaxanthin 3.5 mg, Selenium 100mcg, Bilberry 20 mg, Grape Seed 25 mg, and ALA 25 mg. (NEI website 2013. AREDS2 Media Research Group. “Lutein/Zeaxanthin and Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Age-Related Macular Degeneration. The Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2)Controlled Randomized Clinical Trial.” JAMA, published online May 5, 2013.)These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.