Viteyes AREDS 2 Capsules, 180 Count
- Product Dimensions: 2.9 x 2.9 x 5.2 inches ; 7.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- UPC: 882966001549
- Viteyes AREDS 2 Capsules contains the clinically effective formula tested by the National Eye Institute (NEI”) in its 2013 AREDS2 study
- Beta-carotene free appropriate for smokers, former smokers, and non-smokers
- Recommended by physicians worldwide
- Manufactured in the USA
- Three month supply
Viteyes AREDS 2 Formula is based on the findings of the AREDS 2 study.Completed in 2013, AREDS 2 was a 5-year follow-up study by the National EyeInstitute (NEI) of the original AREDS study. AREDS 2 resulted in the NEI’srecommendation to revise the original AREDS formula to help further slow theprogression of vision loss from AMD. Viteyes AREDS 2 contains the followingformula: Vitamin C 500 mg, Vitamin E 400 IU, Zinc 25 mg, Copper 2 mg, Lutein10 mg, Zeaxanthin 2 mg. AREDS 2 analyzed the original AREDS formula with andwithout beta-carotene, due to the concern of increased risk of lung cancer forsmokers and former smokers. The AREDS 2 study also researched adding luteinand zeaxanthin. AREDS 2 participants who took lutein & zeaxanthin and no beta-carotene reduced their risk of developing advanced stages of AMD by 18%compared to those in AREDS 2 who took the original AREDS supplement with beta-carotene. As a result, the NEI’s AREDS 2 suggests modifying the AREDS formulaby omitting beta-carotene and adding lutein and zeaxanthin. Zinc Levels: Inthe original AREDS study, the dose for zinc was set high (80 mg) because aprevious small trial had found that high-dose zinc was beneficial for AMD.However, some nutritionists were concerned the dose was too high. The AREDS 2study tested zinc at 80 mg and 25 mg. The results showed that when loweringzinc there was “no statistically significant effect on progression to advancedAMD.” (NEI website 2013.) AREDS2 Research Group. “Lutein/Zeaxanthin andOmega-3 Fatty Acids for Age-Related Macular Degeneration. The Age-Related EyeDisease Study 2 (AREDS2) Controlled Randomized Clinical Trial.” JAMA,published online May 5, 2013.) These statements have not been evaluated by theFood and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat,cure or prevent any disease.