What Does the Fox Say?
- Grade Level: Preschool – 3
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers; First Edition edition (December 10, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1481422235
- ISBN-13: 978-1481422239
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.3 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
Editorial Reviews From Booklist As media tie-ins go, this is a no-brainer. Even without the power of the viralvideo to back it up, the premise of the book is child friendly, incorporatingactual animal calls (“Dog goes woof. / Cat goes meow. / Bird goes tweet / andMouse goes squeak.”), as well as a variety of silly noises, which will go downas a treat during storytime (“Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow! / Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!”) Meanwhile, the concept of the fox’s sounds as a mystery to beunlocked provides just enough of a element of plot. The illustrations,however, attempting to capture the frenetic surrealism of the video, might beharder for a child to embrace. Nyhus’ digitally rendered pictures fallsomewhere between the Fauves and the Cubists, with a fiery red fox who is onone page defined by fluid, emotive expressions and on another by sharp angles.The other animals are similarly depicted, sometimes overwhelmingly so. Whetherthis book will be able to maintain its appeal beyond the life span of thevideo remains to be seen, but for now, kids will want to catch that mysteriousfox. Preschool-Grade 3. –Kara Dean Review “As media tie-ins go, this is a no-brainer…the premise of the book is childfriendly, incorporating actual animal calls (“Dog goes woof. / Cat goes meow./Bird goes tweet / and Mouse goes squeak.”), as well as a variety of sillynoises, which will go down as a treat during storytime.” (_Booklist_) See all Editorial Reviews
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.