- Age Range: 4 – 8 years
- Grade Level: Kindergarten – 4
- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins; Updated edition (March 3, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061626570
- ISBN-13: 978-0061626579
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
Editorial Reviews From School Library Journal Grade 4-6-Simon dispels the traditionally negative images of the wolf in thisphoto essay. Through the appealing full-color photographs and succinct,conversational text, these dynamic, affectionate, and highly intelligentanimals are shown to possess many positive traits, such as loyalty,cooperation, and adaptability. A broad range of information is touched uponlightly, including physical characteristics, habitat, hunting and diet,breeding and raising pups, and some unique facts about pack hierarchy andhowling. An introduction uses imagery to conjure up the spirit of the wolf;the conclusion touches on the animal’s past and questionable future. Anattractive and simple introduction, but Candace Savage’s Wolves (Sierra, 1989)has more to offer. _Susan Oliver, Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System_ Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc. _–This text refers to an outof print or unavailable edition of this title._ From Booklist Gr. 2-4. As in _Snakes_ (1992) and his other photo-essays about animals, Simonincludes dramatic action pictures by several wildlife photographers. Eachfull-page photo, splendidly reproduced in full color, faces a page of plaintext that gives basic information about how wolves live in the natural world,what they look like, how they hunt, how they rear their young, etc. The factsand the glorious photographs support Simon’s plea for the animals’conservation. They debunk the big-bad-wolf horror stories without in any waydetracting from the fierce beauty of the wolves’ wild nature. _Hazel Rochman__–This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title._ See all Editorial Reviews
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.